Mucho to talk about about, let’s start with the crappy stuff first.
Many anglers have asked going forward what were doing about Covid guidelines going forward? Well I’ve put it to print-
- ◦ Stay home if you are sick, or showing or feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, coughing, and/or troubled breathing. If you are feeling symptomatic we ask that contact the office and transfer your ticket at least 14 days out.
- Temperatures will be taken at boarding. If your temperature is above CDC Guidelines we ask you to head to your vehicle and wait 15 minutes in the AC before we retake your temperature. If your temperature is still above the guideline then you will not be able to go on the trip.
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least six (6) feet of distance between yourself and others. The captain and crew have marked off spaces at the rails and ask anglers to spread out.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash hands often or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol when soap and water are not available.
- We will ask that masks be worn when in proximity to others. (BYOM; bring your own mask) and hand sanitizer.
- Don’t share fishing gear with others. Each angler should have their own fishing gear (rod and reels, bait, lures, towels, pliers, and other personal items).
It is of course up to each of you to adhere to your own practices personally. We ask for courtesy among the anglers and cooperation is at your discretion and appreciated.
So that is the “official” position of Yankee Capts and this scribe. What does that mean? Well funny you should ask.
Since my last report I have done 2 trips with passengers on board. I was very careful to watch everyones behavior during the trip. I can tell you this. Soon as the fish were biting the Covid 19 concerns went right out the shit house door so to speak. I asked people to adhere to the guidelines. To a person I got a funny look, told to go have sex with myself or told me not worry about it. Human nature is a unique strange thing. So everyone makes their own choice. So what does that mean to you if your on upcoming trip? I’m sure every group will be different. So if the above statements are of concern to you then I’d suggest you find another trip and rebook your reservation to a time you feel more comfortable. One thing is for sure I can ask people to adhere but in all fairness most people won’t listen.
Moving forward our first official trip is 5/31.