Greetings from Key West Command and Control Center.
Very busy around these parts. Loads going on so lets get to it.
Last trip was a bust. Crappy weather and conditions resulted is a subpar catch. Yellowtails ruled the totes. I just wish there were more totes! Our next trip is the last one of the year. We need to go out with a bang!
In the meantime we are in the boatyard or as some would say “boatyard Hell”. We have plenty to do. Besides the normal items that we do on any haulout we were given a extensive inspection from the USCG. They found issues that need to be addressed also. Here is a short list of all the fun this week
- New bottom paint and 2 coats of new epoxy primer.
- Replace shaft and rudder bearings with new.
- New rudders.
- New holding tank for the sewage system. Also all new piping.
- Clean and lube all thru hull valves. Acid wash all strainers.
- Install Capac monitoring system.
- Pressure clean all bilges.
- Paint bunkroom floors and walls.
Plus the 505 projects that will show up during the week. The next 8 days will be busy. It does not help we are up against the Holiday’s too. Thankfully we have plenty of help and the best fabricators here in Key West. Here are some pictures of the fun.
As the week progresses I should have some new pics and a progress report!
Thanks for looking,